Nissan Focuses on Titan to Propel Overall Truck Sales
Several months after Nissan introduced the Titan and Titan XD King Cab at the 2017 Chicago Auto Show, the brand continues to put its commercial vehicle lineup center stage – including Titan models and Nissan NV Cargo, Passenger and Compact Vans. The Titan and Titan XD continue to be strong players in the light commercial vehicle (LCV) market and Nissan sees this as an opportunity to lure in new customers – for both commercial and personal use.
Nissan’s Director of Sales and Marketing, LCV, Tiago Castro addressed the Midwest Automotive Media Association this week to expand on the brand’s strategy of acquiring new customers. Nissan’s hope is that a small business owner or construction worker, who uses a Titan for utility, may consider purchasing a different version of the Titan for personal use. To sweeten the deal, Nissan is offering a five-year or 100,000-mile (whichever comes first) bumper-to-bumper warranty on all Titan and Titan XD commercial vehicles. According to the brand, this is America’s best truck and commercial van warranty offer out there. The industry standard warranty offer is around 36,000 miles.
Under the Titan umbrella, Nissan offers the following vehicles:
- Titan XD Diesel
- Titan XD Gas
- Titan Half-ton
- Titan and Titan XD Single Cab
- Titan and Titan XD King Cab
The Titan and Titan XD King Cab configurations build on the success of the Crew Cab and Single Cab models. Features include wide-opening rear doors for easy entry and exit to the cabin and seating for six with a unique “rear seat delete” option which, likely goes without saying, allows consumers to remove the rear seat for more storage capacity.
The Titan King Cab comes standard with a 5.6-liter V8 engine that delivers 390 horsepower and an available towing capacity of up to 9,420 lbs. The Titan XD King Cab offers the gas V8 and a 5.0-liter V8 Turbo Diesel capable of delivering 310 horsepower and 555 lb.-ft. of torque. Both Titan and Titan XD King Cab configurations are available in 4x4 and 4x2.
Fred Diaz, division vice president and general manager of North America Trucks and LCV for Nissan North America, emphasized the company's commitment to growing its share of the commercial marketplace.
“Nissan is becoming a strong player in the commercial vehicle market," said Diaz. “The launch of the new King Cab continues to carve out a unique white space between competitors’ heavy-duty and half-ton trucks. Now we're covering nearly every segment in the personal and commercial full-size truck markets.”
The Titan and Titan XD King Cab configurations released at the 2017 Chicago show have now hit the market and are available for purchase.
The rest of Nissan’s light commercial vehicle lineup includes:
NV Full-size Van (Cargo and Passenger)
- New for 2017, the NV Cargo Van offers a brand-new powertrain, producing best-in-class horsepower and torque while also delivering an estimated eight percent increase in fuel economy versus the previous powertrain.
- Offered for both personal and fleet use, the NV Passenger Van features eight standard air bags, standard head restraints and integrated seat belts for all rear seating positions. It also offers 324 different seating configurations and a total of six independent rear seats.
- The NV200 has a small exterior footprint, large cargo capacity, outstanding versatility and excellent fuel efficiency. It also offers America's best commercial van warranty, with a basic limited warranty coverage of five years/100,000 miles, whichever comes first. The powertrain limited warranty term is also five years/100,000 miles.
- Great for city driving with its compact exterior, the Nissan NV Taxi is nimble enough to easily maneuver tight city streets. Features include built-in navigation, intercom and Bluetooth to better assist the driver.
Castro highlighted four main differentiators that he hopes will help propel Nissan forward in the LCV segment, which include Nissan’s dedicated team, quality product, best warranty and a robust dealer network.
You can find all of these vehicles at your dealership today or start your search on DriveChicago.com
« Last Post
Next Post »
View all Posts from this Blog