While there many activities that appeal to women during the run of the 10-day Chicago Auto Show, organizers host Women's Day annually to further reach the female demographic. Held this year on Tuesday, February 12, Women's Day at the Chicago Auto Show will feature a robust lineup of events and activities geared towards female car buyers.
The Chicago Auto Show and its Women's Day sponsor, the Chicago Tribune, are hosting a full schedule of events including an awards ceremony coordinated by ChicagonistaLIVE to acknowledge and honor influential women in and around Chicagoland. A complete schedule is listed below:
- 10:00 a.m. - Networking Event Kick-Off moderated by Barbara Rozgonyi and featuring Debi Lilly, Elisa All, Jill Salzman, and Saya Hillman
- 11:30 a.m. - Honoring Trailblazing Women Presentation honoring Anupy Singla, Candace Jordan, Corri McFadden, Genevieve Thiers, Karen Weigert and Luvvie Ajayi
- 1:00 p.m. - I Love Lucy Stage Performance presented by Broadway in Chicago
- 2:00 p.m. - #ChicagonistaLIVE Talk Show hosted by Nancy Loo, MJ Tam, Beth Rosen and Duong Sheahan
- 3:15, 4:30 & 5:45 p.m. - Women's Workout & Wellness
- 4:00 p.m. - Miss Lori Concert
- 5:00 p.m. - Caryn Bark Comedy
Additionally, several vendors will be set up and offering services and information, including Broadway in Chicago, Chiro One Wellness Centers, Nail Fetish and Woman's Wellness.
According to Forbes, women influence more than 85 percent of car sales. Additionally, Forbes states that women have full or partial say over a staggering $80 billion worth of spending on cars and now represent 52 percent of new car buyers in the U.S.
"The automotive industry has been viewed as a male-dominated for many years. Over time, the market has shifted heavily and now fully embraces female shoppers," said Michael Ettleson, 2013 Chicago Auto Show Chairman. "Women's purchasing power in the marketplace is on the rise and continues to grow."
As always, women receive a special Women's Day discount at just $6 per ticket - half off the full ticket price. For more details on the 2013 Chicago Auto Show and for a full listing of Women's Day events and activities, please visit www.chicagoautoshow.com.
Back to News