On the cover of the Feb.3, 1910 issue of The Automobile magazine, a young couple sit arm-in-arm while they peruse through literature gathered while attending the 1910 Chicago Auto Show. A total of 78 makes of automobiles were on exhibit that year. An insert photo sharing cover space is of the Coliseum, which housed the annual show from 1901 through 1935. Pictured above right, is a lapel badge from the 1910 Chicago Auto Show that was originally photographed in 1997 at the Lee Hartung Collection. The pin features Mercury (aka Hermes) the mythical god of trade, profit and commerce behind a steering wheel and wearing his winged hat.
Pictured on the show floor inside the Coliseum exhibition hall, the Thomas Jeffery & Co. display is seen in the foreground. Exhibitors crammed as many models into the limited space available on the main floor of the Coliseum. Special displays included highly polished chassis and powertrains, most with mirrors located underneath the carriage to highlight mechanical features.
A close-up view of the vehicles in the Hudson Motor Co. display, one of many exhibits located on the main floor of the Coliseum during the 1910 Chicago Auto Show.
Two Atlas motorcars were photographed on exhibited during the 1910 Chicago Auto Show. Both vehicles featured two-cylinder, 60 horsepower engines, with the model on the left wearing a $2,500 price tag on its radiator.