The Chicago Auto Show (CAS) went on hiatus after the 1941 show, held Oct. 26-Nov. 3, 1940. American factories converted from building cars and trucks to producing planes, tanks, trucks, jeeps, and small weapons for World War II. Following the victories in both the European and Asian wars, it took time for manufacturers to gear back up for vehicle production. The CAS resume in February 1950, when it became the first in the nation to return to the popular extravaganza that pay annual tribute to the latest automobiles and all its motorized cohorts. The photo is from the free admission "No-Stop America" stage revue held twice daily in the International Amphitheatre during the 1941 show.