Sheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers Becomes HQ Hotel for Nation's Biggest Auto Show
The Sheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers is pleased to announce that it will be the exclusive hotel partner for the 2010 Chicago Auto Show. Gearing up to take over the Windy City February 12-21, the event attracts car aficionados from around the globe to get an up-close-and-personal view of the world's most spectacular automobiles, some being viewed by the media and public for the first time anywhere.
To celebrate the new partnership, the premier property is offering a special auto show package which includes double Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) points, complimentary in-room high-speed Internet access to keep track of event updates and complimentary use of the indoor heated pool and health club facility. As an added convenience for guests, shuttles will continually circulate to and from McCormick Place during the show's two-day media preview and by set schedule during the show's public days. Rates start at $115 per night.*
"We are excited to partner with the nation's biggest auto show," said Rick Ueno, general manager of Sheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers. "The event attracts thousands of industry executives - and hundreds of thousands of general consumers - to Chicago. Being the official host hotel will allow us the opportunity to provide media, exhibitors and attendees with the personalized service and amenities that have made us one of the top hotels in the region."
2010 Chicago Auto Show Chairman John Phelan shares Ueno's excitement.
"Not only is the Sheraton one of our city's premier hotels, but they made it obvious very early on that they aggressively wanted to be our partner," said Phelan. "We're glad they did and we look forward to working together for many years to come."
Offering spectacular city views, the 1,209-room property is conveniently located within walking distance to many of Chicago's famed sights, such as the Magnificent Mile, Navy Pier, Millennium Park, the world-renowned Art Institute of Chicago, prominent theatres and more of the things that have made Chicago a global destination for business and leisure travelers alike.
Since scouting wheels in a facility as big as McCormick Place can work up an appetite, car fans can feast at any of the hotel's six restaurants.
- Chi Bar - Chicago's chic hot spot, designed by Jeffrey Beers. A luxe lounge with innovative cocktails, shareable delights and sleek, city ambiance.
- Chicago Burger Company - Going beyond Mrs. O'Leary's cow to additionally offer up fresh seafood, turkey and vegetarian options.
- Java Bar - Jump-start your morning with specialty coffees and fresh breakfast pastries, then enjoy your evening in style with Espresso and Cappuccino Martinis.
- LINK @ Sheraton Café - "The place" to connect. Enjoy light fare, free Wi-Fi, free workstations and online printing capabilities.
- LB's Bistro & Patisserie - The first restaurant of World Champion Pastry Chef Laurent Branlard combines fresh ingredients and simple, yet unique combinations of flavors to create your own breakfast or lunch.
- Shula's Steak House - The Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Tower's renowned steak house where guests can "get their beef on" - big time Chicago style.
Showcasing over 1,000 domestic and imported vehicles and auto-related exhibitors, the Chicago Auto Show is a must-see attraction for travelers and local community alike. Over 1.3 million square feet of the McCormick Place complex will feature production, concept, competition, specialty and one-of-a-kind vehicles. The show will be open to the public from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. February 12-20 and from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on February 21.
To book the Auto Show package visit http://www.starwoodmeeting.com/Book/chicagoautoshow2010 by phone call (800) 325-3535 and mention booking code AUTO.
*Rates are based on availability, double occupancy and does not include tax or services. Reservations must be booked in advance and cannot be combined with any other offer.
Back to News