Chicagoland Dealers Care Donates $8,000 to 16 Local Charitable Organizations
Thursday, February 21, 2013
Contact: Mark Bilek
Director of Communications and Technology
Chicago Automobile Trade Association
Office: (630) 424-6082
Cell: (847) 652-0632
Contact: Jennifer Morand
Senior Public Relations and Social Media Manager
Chicago Automobile Trade Association
Office: (630) 424-6084
Cell: (630) 391-1986
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CHICAGOLAND DEALERS CARE DONATES $8,000 TO 16 LOCAL CHARITABLE ORGANIZATIONS
Check Presentation Hosted at 2013 Chicago Auto Show
CHICAGO (February 21, 2013) - The 2013 Chicago Auto Show served as a backdrop for a Chicagoland Dealers Care check presentation held on the last day of the public show on February 18. The Chicago Automobile Trade Association (CATA) donated $8,000 to 16 local charitable organizations, nominated by Chicagoland dealerships, as a part of the Chicagoland Dealers Care program.
In December 2012, the Chicagoland Dealers Care program hosted a public-facing Facebook contest. The month-long contest enlisted the public's vote for the charitable organization, brought forth for consideration by local dealerships, they deemed most worthy of financial support. While three of the 19 charities were eligible for the grand prize donations - consisting of $3,500, $2,500 and $2,000 - 16 charitable organizations weren't granted the extra financial aid. In an effort to provide support and awareness to the remaining 16 charities, the CATA elected to donate $500 to each with an official presentation held at the 2013 Chicago Auto Show.
"The 2013 Chicago Auto Show was a perfect backdrop for the Chicagoland Dealers Care check presentation to 16 local charitable organizations," said Chicago Automobile Trade Association Board of Director Ray Scarpelli. "Chicagoland new-car dealers are an integral part of our community and deeply involved in charitable causes, and the presentation at the Chicago Auto Show allowed us to recognize and applaud their efforts on a grander scale."
The 16 beneficiaries, nominated by local Chicagoland dealerships, include:
- Turning Pointe Autism Foundation (Dan Wolf Automotive Group)
- DuPage PADS (Continental Motors of Naperville)
- Restoration Ministries (Oak Lawn Toyota)
- American Cancer Society/Making Strides against Breast Cancer (Phillips Chevrolet of Frankfort)
- A Safe Place (Autohaus on Edens)
- Hyundai Hope on Wheels (Webb Hyundai)
- Lynn Sage Cancer Research Foundation (Schaumburg Toyota)
- American Cancer Society/Making Strides against Breast Cancer (Webb Chevrolet Oak Lawn)
- The ComPadres (Bredemann Lexus)
- American Cancer Society/Making Strides against Breast Cancer (Bill Jacobs Plainfield)
- Diveheart (Bill Kay Chevrolet)
- MorningStar Mission Ministries (Bill Jacobs Joliet)
- St. Cyril and Methodius School (Jack Phelan Chevrolet)
- Children's Oncology Services, Inc. (Fox Valley Volkswagen)
- School of St. Mary (Classic Toyota)
- American Cancer Society/Making Strides against Breast Cancer (Advantage Chevrolet)
The Chicagoland Dealers Care program was designed to provide year-round support to local nonprofit organizations and amplify the efforts already put forth by Chicagoland dealers. For more information on Chicagoland Dealers Care, please visit www.chicagolanddealerscare.com. For more information about the Chicago Auto Show, visit www.chicagoautoshow.com.
About The Chicago Automobile Trade Association
Founded in 1904, the Chicago Automobile Trade Association is the nation's oldest and largest metropolitan dealer organization. It is comprised of about 400 franchised new-car dealers and an additional 150 allied members. The group's dealer members employ about 19,000 people in the metropolitan area. The association has produced the world famous Chicago Auto Show since 1935. For more information please visit CATA.info.
DriveChicago.com is the area's most comprehensive, local online source for researching and purchasing new and used cars. Owned and operated by the Chicago Automobile Trade Association, DriveChicago.com is Chicagoland's largest local inventory listing and has more than 100,000 new and used vehicles. For more information, please visit DriveChicago.com.