2013 Acadia and Acadia Denali
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
"With an award-winning combination of space, capability and fuel-efficiency, the Acadia epitomizes GMC's 'never say never' attitude," said Tony DiSalle, U.S. vice president of GMC marketing. "For 2013, our engineers and designers applied that same attitude to developing the new Acadia."
GMC unveiled the new 2013 Acadia and Acadia Denali at the Chicago Auto Show, highlighting new exterior and safety features including the industry's first front center air bag. Among the updates in design, Acadia buyers will find new exterior design highlighted by signature LED lighting; a refined interior with soft-touch materials; accent stitching and ambient lighting; rear vision camera standard; and industry-exclusive front center air bag available
The sharp looking Acadia retains the interior functionality popular with families, including the SmartSlide seating system, which allows easy access to the third row for both seven- and eight-passenger seating configurations. Likewise, both the second and third rows still fold flat for class-leading maximum cargo space, including the ability to carry 48-inch-wide sheet goods, such as drywall and plywood.
Acadia's popular, top-of-the-line Denali trim represents 30 percent of sales, so a high priority was placed on adding premium amenities and refining Denali's signature design cues. New or redesigned exterior additions include:
- New, three-dimensional polished grille
- Redesigned lower front and rear fascias
- Body-color lower cladding and rocker moldings and fascia
- Unique body-side moldings with chrome accents and Denali badges
- Dual flow-through chrome exhaust outlets integrated into the rear fascia
- 20-inch machined wheels
Inside, Denali adds standard comfort and safety features, including:
- Perforated leather seating and Denali-specific Cocoa Dune upholstery color
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel with wood inserts and power tilt/telescope
- Aluminum trim accents
- Accent lighting in footwells and lighted sill plates with Denali logo
- Dual SkyScape sunroof system, with sliding front sunroof and fixed rear section
"When designing the new Acadia, we considered the contemporary shapes and materials GMC buyers expect from many products they buy," said Dave Lyon, executive director of design. "The Denali's attention to detail is the ultimate demonstration of this approach."