Lucky Valentine’s Day Lovebirds to be Hitched at the 2008 Chicago Auto Show
WHAT: Dodge is helping one couple speed up the start of their “Journey” together by throwing a winter wedding at the 100th Chicago Auto Show on Valentine’s Day as part of the brand’s “Journey of a Lifetime” contest.
Contest winners Blake Humphrey and Jackie Rohner of Rock Island, Ill., will be surrounded by more than 1,000 cars on display at the largest auto show in North America when they get hitched in front of 100 of their closest friends and family on Feb. 14. The couple will walk down the aisle to the music of a Journey cover band, then start their journey as man and wife in their all-new 2009 Dodge Journey, a vehicle that blends the practicality of a minivan, the capability of a sport-utility vehicle (SUV) and the overall efficiency of a passenger car into an all-new “right-sized” crossover, perfect for a newlywed couple.
VISUALS: Thursday, Feb. 14, 2008
- Pre-wedding coverage beings at approx. 6 a.m.
- The Right Road: Catch Blake and Jackie’s final wedding day preparations from finishing touches on the wedding dress and tuxedo, to hair and makeup, etc. The beautiful bride will literally start her journey on the right “road” since the aisle runner will look just like a road, yellow median lines and all
- Wedding ceremony begins at approx. 7 a.m.
- Open Arms: Blake and Jackie will tie the knot right on the auto show floor as 100 of their friends and family members look on. Witness the newlywed couple’s first dance to Journey’s “When You Love a Woman,” the cutting of the oversized wedding cake and the tossing of the bouquet
- Public reception begins at 10 a.m.
- Just Married: A Dodge Journey vehicle will be decked out in “Just Married” flair, with all the bells and whistles
- Public Praise: A wedding reception, with live music by a Journey cover band and wedding cake for auto show attendees, will complete the dream day for these lucky lovebirds
WHERE: McCormick Place – Dodge Display
Lake Shore Drive at 23rd St
Chicago, IL 60616
WHY: Blake and Jackie will be the boldest, most adventurous couple to become man and wife at the 100th Chicago Auto Show. On Valentine’s Day, Jackie will walk down the aisle – toward both the man and the vehicle of her dreams – to meet Blake and become his wife, and Blake will score a new bride and a new ride, all in the most memorable (and only!) wedding ceremony to grace the auto show floor.
Back to News