Show History

Show History

Search Years

Chicago Auto Show - 1913

  • 1913ColiseumWeb22
    Exterior view of the Coliseum, circa 1913. The Coliseum served as the site for the Chicago Auto Show from 1901 through early 1935. To handle the overflow of exhibits during the 1913 extravaganza, the show promoters also used the nearby First Regiment Armory and Wilson Building.
  • 1913ColiseumWeb22
    In 1913, Pope-Hartford Automobile Co., ran an ad in the Chicago papers that superimposed the $2,250 Model M above the front entrance of the Coliseum, home of the auto show from 1901-1935. On the right is an advertisement for the Stutz four-and six-cylinder engine models. Obviously, there was no room in the Coliseum, so Stutz Motor Co. took exhibit space in the adjacent Armory.
  • 1913Woods PremierAdWeb22
    Two different automobile advertisements that ran in local newspapers during the 1913 Chicago Auto Show.