First Look for Charity stands as one of Chicago's greatest one-day fundraisers, regularly generating about $2 million for 18 area nonprofits. Held at McCormick Place the evening before the Chicago Auto Show opens its 10-day public run, the benevolent event is anticipated by socialites and car buffs alike.
The tuxedo-mandatory gala affords participants the chance to stroll the show floor amid opulence not present during the public portion of the Chicago Auto Show. Tickets are $250. Guests are treated to champagne, wine, soft drinks, elegant hors d'oeuvres and desserts - all while being the first to explore that year's edition of the nation's largest auto show. This year's First Look for Charity features the chance to win a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe and a 2013 Buick Encore.
Since its debut in 1992, First Look for Charity has raised more than $34 million for significant area charities. The 2013 beneficiaries are:
- 100 Club of Chicago
- Boys and Girls of Chicago
- Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Chicago
- Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Joliet
- The Cradle Foundation
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Franciscan Community Benefit Services
- Franciscan St. James Health
- Ray Graham Association for People with Disabilities
- Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago (formerly Children's Memorial Hospital)
- March of Dimes
- Respiratory Health Association
- Special Olympics Illinois
- Spina Bifida Association of Illinois
- Jesse White Tumbling Team
Click on the navigation above for more information about this special event.
Does your business award matching grants? First Look for Charity is a BBB-accredited charity!