Chicago Auto Show Launches New Website
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
In anticipation of the 2011 show in February, the Chicago Auto Show launched a completely redesigned and updated Web site. The new ChicagoAutoShow.com offers visitors an interactive look at the nation's largest auto show and provides an unequalled virtual auto show experience.
"Auto show Web sites have always been a useful information-gathering tool, but we're proud that the 2011 Chicago Auto Show Web site finally brings the auto-show experience to life online. Now, Web visitors from around the globe will experience interactive features and seamless social media integration that makes our site modern and fun as well as informative," said Chicago Auto Show Chairman Kevin Mize. "Utilizing Web 2.0 technology and social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, the Chicago Auto Show Web site provides year-round inspiration for even the hungriest automotive enthusiast."
In addition to providing staple information like directions, show times, online tickets and show-floor maps, ChicagoAutoShow.com ups the ante by adding interactive Web walks from NeuStep, professionally produced on-floor walk arounds provided by Comcast Spotlight, and live webcams provided by TrueLook. Together with a new social media initiative, these features help the Chicago Auto Show Web site engage consumers on a year-round basis.
"We're most proud of our Chicago Auto Show History and Vehicles on Display sections. There's no other show in North America that has recorded its history like Chicago. Web visitors can take a 'virtual tour' through our history from 1901 to the present and get information and photos about any car on the show floor," said Dave Sloan, president of the Chicago Auto Trade Association and general manager of the Chicago Auto Show.
The Vehicles on Display section returns with real-time inventory from Chicagoland new-car dealers provided by DriveChicago.com. This allows site visitors to search through nearly 40,000 new cars directly on ChicagoAutoShow.com as they are browsing the Vehicles on Display section. DriveChicago.com is the largest local listing of new and used cars in Chicagoland and is owned and operated by the CATA.
Visitors to the 2011 Chicago Auto Show site are treated to daily polls, informative blog posts, the latest news and an extensive multimedia section As the show grows closer, social media will take a higher priority as the site will increasingly add Twitter wall and Facebook postings. Of course, those looking forward to the 2011 show can also purchase tickets online and plan travel routes, all on the newly updated site.
Features of ChicagoAutoShow.com include:
- About the Show - Including directions, show dates and times, interactive displays, appearances, and more.
- First Look for Charity - Online home for the show's signature charity fundraiser, visitors can find out more about the event, purchase tickets and even find discounts on tuxedo rentals.
- Multimedia - For the Web junkie, we offer Web walks, photo galleries, videos, webcams and a lively and sometimes irreverent blog.
- Vehicles on Display - The most comprehensive listing of the new 2011 and 2012 models, concept cars, and new-product reveals anywhere.
- Show History - The Chicago Auto Show from 1901 to the present in fun and informative picture and caption format.
- Media, Sponsor, and Exhibitor Microsites - Specific mini-Web sites for members of the media, potential sponsors, and exhibitors to 2011 Chicago Auto Show.
ChicagoAutoShow.com continues its long relationship with Chicago-based Web developer Americaneagle.com. "We are proud to contribute to the success of the Chicago Auto Show site throughout the years. Visitors to the new ChicagoAutoShow.com can expect a refreshed and modernized design as well as dynamic features that make exploring the site easier and more engaging," said Americaneagle.com President Michael Svanascini.
The Web site can be found at www.chicagoautoshow.com. The 2011 Chicago Auto Show will be open to the public February 11 - 20, 2011.