Looking for a way to help your students showcase their video production talent to an audience of thousands?
The Chicago Auto Show is offering the opportunity for students to gain real-world experience in video production during the 2013 Chicago Auto Show (February 9-18, 2013). Register a team/s from your school to compete for a chance to receive the 2013 Chicago Auto Show Video Achievement Award!
This opportunity challenges student groups to produce a video that promotes the 2013 Chicago Auto Show through clear and effective communication, and visually appealing production.
Why Enter? Students will gain hands-on experience working in teams of 2-4, writing, filming, editing and producing a video that could be shown to thousands both at the show and online. Participants will also be given access to the show floor before it opens to the general public!
Register Your Team Now!
Videos will be judged by the panel of executives from Chicago Automobile Trade Association on the following categories:
- Accuracy and clarity in showcasing the 2013 Chicago Auto Show
- Entertainment value of video and creative use of the 2013 Chicago Auto Show floor and exhibits
- Use of on-camera talent to give background or insight into the 2013 show
- Social sharing. Participants will be judged on their own promotion of their video through their social networks and online.
Prizes will be awarded to the team selected to receive the Video Achievement Award. The prizes for the winning team include:
- A custom 2013 Chicago Auto Show Video Achievement plaque for display at the winning team's school or educational institution
- The selected video will be played throughout the course of the 2013 public show on the show floor and added to the Chicago Auto Show website
- Four tickets to the 2013 Chicago Auto Show for each student on the selected team
- A $100 gift card for Lettuce Entertain You for each member of the winning team
Register Your Team Now!
Rules and Regulations:
For complete Rules & Regulations
- Students must work in groups of 2-4 people.
- All participants must currently be students at the college or university.
- Only one video submission per student group. No student may participate in more than one group. However, multiple teams from one school are encouraged to participate.
- Student groups must attend the 2013 Chicago Auto Show to film and will be given free admission to compete. At least 75% of the video needs to be filmed on the show floor.
- The final video needs to be between 4-5 minutes including transitions, introduction and closing graphics.
- There must be a host/on-camera talent for the video.
- No derogatory, profane or offensive language or behavior will be tolerated. CATA holds the right to disqualify a team based on any questionable material.
- It must contain one interview with either a manufacturer representative or an auto show attendee.
- No copyrighted material may be used in the production of this video. This includes music, graphics or video clips. Use of the Chicago Auto Show logo and auto manufacturer logos are encouraged.
- The video must be uploaded to the Chicago Auto Show FTP site by 3:00 P.M. Tuesday, February 12 for review. The Award will be announced Friday, February 15.
- It must showcase both automotive and non-automotive events
If you are unable to find what you are looking for or need additional information, please don't hesitate to contact the Chicago Auto Show communications team.