|Jun 09, 2010
||Posted By: Mark Bilek
Back to Blog
With the debut of the A-Team's iconic black van on the silver screen this week, I got to thinking about famous vehicles in TV series over the past 30 or so years. In original A-Team episodes, B.A. Baracus' beloved transport was a GMC Vandura circa 1983--albeit heavily customized. Like, KITT the talking car from Knight Rider, the van became a bedrock element in each weekly episode.
So, I decided to come up with my own list of infamous TV vehicles. Oh, the list could be a mile long, so I decided to focus on production-based models that made regular appearances each week. Here's what I've got so far:
- 1969 Dodge Charger, the General Lee from "Dukes of Hazzard"
- 1982 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am, KITT from "Knight Rider"
- 1983 GMC Vandura from "The A-Team"
- 1955 Chevrolet 6700-Series bus from the "Partridge Family"
- 1972 Ferrari 365 GTS/4 from "Miami Vice"
- 1974 Ford Gran Torino from "Starsky and Hutch"
- 1979 Ferrari 308 GTS from "Magnum PI"
- 1921 Oldsmobile Truck from "The Beverly Hillbillies"
There are a few others that really don't qualify (because they were animated), but deserve mention, like the Mach 5, the Mystery Machine, the Homer and the Flintmobile. Don't get me going on famous movie cars, there are too many to count!
Comment on this post with your favorites and maybe we'll send you some Chicago Auto Show SWAG!
He's a fun little quiz you can take that will test your TV car knowledge: http://television.aol.com/tv-trivia-quiz/tv-cars.