|Mar 04, 2010
||Posted By: Alex Navrotski
Back to Blog
The 2010 Chicago Auto Show hosted five different awards presentations, distinctions given for everything from eco-friendliness to pet safety. Here’s a look back at the winners this year.
Bark Buckle UP
Bark Buckle UP Founder and Pet Safety Expert Christina Selter presented an astounding ten pet safe vehicle distinctions this year. The vehicles recognized by Bark Buckle UP all incorporated rear climate control, side-curtain airbags, and d-rings to secure a pet crate of any size. In alphabetical order, the winners were: Chrysler Town and Country, Dodge Journey, Ford Edge, Ford Flex, Ford Transit, Hondo Element, Kia Soul, Smart Car, Subaru Outback, and Volvo XC60.
Bark Buckle UP also recognized the top pet-friendly hotel brand, Sheraton; top pet-friendly airline, southwest; and top pet-friendly retailer, BassPro.
Best of Show
Show-goers proclaimed their favorites vehicles in each of five categories for the Chicago Auto Show's fifth annual "Best of Show" balloting. Each of the first four winners beat out seven other vehicles. In the fifth category, "Vehicle I'd most like to have in my driveway," voters could choose from any of the nearly 1000 vehicles on the show floor.
Winners in the contest's five categories were:
• Best All-New Production Vehicle: Ford Focus (29 percent of vote)
• Best Concept Vehicle: Cadillac XTS Platinum (28 percent of vote)
• Best Green Vehicle: Chevrolet Volt (25 percent of vote)
• Best Exhibit: Ford (41 percent of vote)
• "Vehicle I'd most like to have in my driveway:" Ford Shelby GT500
Intellichoice.com BOVY Awards
IntelliChoice held its "Best Overall Value of the Year" Awards ceremony to recognize the best-in-class vehicles that deliver outstanding value and lower than expected costs over time.
For 2010, IntelliChoice.com identified nine overall category winners including:
• Best Car Value Under $24,000 - Toyota Prius
• Best Car Value Over $24,000 - Chevrolet Corvette
• Best Crossover/SUV Value Under $28,000 - Toyota FJ Cruiser
• Best Crossover/SUV Value Over $28,000 - Lexus RX
• Best Truck Value Under $28,000 - Toyota Tacoma
• Best Truck Value Over $28,000 - Chevy Silverado 2500 HD / GMC Sierra 2500 HD (tie)
• Best Van Value Under $26,000 - Toyota Sienna