2012 Chicago Auto Show Website
And in anticipation of the 2012 show and the new logo's first public exposure, the Chicago Auto Show launched a completely redesigned and updated website. The new ChicagoAutoShow.com site offers visitors an interactive look at the nation's largest auto show and provides an unequalled virtual auto show experience.
"The nation's largest show deserves a website that's also best in class. I am proud that the 2012 Chicago Auto Show website brings the auto-show experience to life for virtual visitors," said Mike Ettleson, co-chairman of the 2012 event and current chairman of the CATA. "Now, people around the globe will experience interactive features and seamless social media integration that help make us not only the nation's biggest, but also the most effective auto show."
In addition to providing staple information such as directions, show times, online tickets and show-floor maps, www.ChicagoAutoShow.com raises the ante by adding daily image galleries, a complete listing of vehicles on display and integrated content from Facebook, YouTube and Twitter. Together, these elements engage consumers on a year-round basis.
"We're most proud of our Chicago Auto Show History and Vehicles on Display sections," said Ettleson. "There's no other show in North America that has recorded its history like Chicago. Web visitors can take a 'virtual tour' through our history from 1901 to the present and get information and photos about any car on the show floor."
The Vehicles on Display section returns with real-time inventory from Chicagoland new-car dealers provided by DriveChicago.com. This allows site visitors to search through nearly 40,000 new cars directly on ChicagoAutoShow.com as they are browsing the section. DriveChicago.com is the largest local listing of new and used cars in Chicagoland and is owned and operated by the CATA.
Visitors to the 2012 Chicago Auto Show site are treated to daily polls, informative blog posts, the latest news and an extensive multimedia section. Of course, those looking forward to the 2012 show can also purchase tickets online and plan travel routes, all on the newly updated site.
Features of ChicagoAutoShow.com include:
- About the Show-Including directions, show dates and times, interactive displays, appearances, and more.
- First Look for Charity-Online home for the show's signature charity fundraiser, visitors can find out more about the event, purchase tickets and even find discounts on tuxedo rentals.
- Multimedia-For the Web junkie, we offer Web walks, photo galleries, videos, webcams and a lively and sometimes irreverent blog.
- Vehicles on Display-The most comprehensive listing of the new 2012 and 2013 models, concept cars, and new-product reveals anywhere.
- Show History-The Chicago Auto Show from 1901 to the present in fun and informative picture and caption format.
- First Look for Charity, Media, Sponsor and Exhibitor Microsites-Specific mini-websites for visitors to our exclusive First Look for Charity preview event and members of the media, potential sponsors and exhibitors at the 2012 Chicago Auto Show.
Smartphone users will appreciate the ongoing development of the Chicago Auto Show's mobile website, ChicagoAutoShow.com/mobile. Using any Web-enabled phone, attendees can purchase tickets, get directions, keep track of events and appearances and read news, blog and vehicle postings. New on the mobile site for 2012 is a virtual guided tour that helps visitors identify the key elements of each exhibit.
ChicagoAutoShow.com continues its long relationship with Chicago-based Web developer Americaneagle.com.
"We are proud to contribute to the success of the Chicago Auto Show site throughout the years," said Americaneagle.com President Michael Svanascini. "Visitors to the new ChicagoAutoShow.com can expect a refreshed and modernized design as well as dynamic features that make exploring the site easier and more engaging."
The website can be found at www.ChicagoAutoShow.com. The 2012 Chicago Auto Show will be open to the public February 10-19, 2012.
Back to News